Brisbane Private Hospital
The Brisbane Private Hospital Rehabilitation Unit is situated on C-Floor of the ward wing at BPH and consists of 32 private rooms, a newly enlarged and fully equipped state of the art rehabilitation gymnasium, multiple additional therapy rooms and offers comprehensive rehabilitation services for hospital inpatients under its Specialist Geriatricians. The team includes specialist rehabilitation and geriatrics nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, and as required, speech pathologists and dieticians.
Their specialists are Geriatricians who specialise in Rehabilitation of the Older Person and medically complex patients requiring rehabilitation. They also specialise in Orthogeriatrics and Perioperative Medicine, the care of the person who is undergoing orthopaedic surgery or other types of surgery and requiring specialist medical care as well.
Their Rehabilitation programs include:
- Orthopaedic programs after spinal, upper limb and lower limb surgery
- Neurological programs including neurosurgery patients and those with degenerative neurological conditions
- Post falls and falls prevention management
- Arthritic Conditions
- Preconditioning and reconditioning programs focussing on restorative care of patients before or after surgical and medical events causing disability or deconditioning
- Restorative care programs for people with chronic conditions currently at home but who may benefit from rehabilitation to maintain or improve function and independence
Benefits of Personalised Intensive Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Faster recovery time
- Minimise pain and suffering
- Minimise level of ongoing impairment
- Quicker, safer and coordinated return to home
Their goal is to assist each patient to reach their highest level of independence.
“Offering a unique combination of specialist medical and surgical services, 24 hour Intensive Care Unit medical coverage and full time intensive care specialists..”
— Brisbane Private Hospital